Carrot is a superfood full of betacarotene, and vitamin A and vitamin K, so this carrot soup recipe is good for you, and the best thing is that it tastes delicious, too! The soup requires only about 30 minutes of cooking time, and with the simple ingredients it is very easy to make. In this recipe, we have added a bit of honey to sweeten the soup as well. Honey is said to be the food of goods, and like carrots, it is a real healthbomb.
Looking for more cooking inspiration? We have a plenty of other soup recipes.
HOW TO MAKE CARROT AND CORIANDER SOUP
- In a large pan gently melt the butter and, over a low heat, fry the onion until softened. Add the ground coriander for 1 minute and then the chopped celery and carrot. Continue to cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, covered but stirring the vegetables occasionally.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until the carrots are tender. Allow to cool slightly before blending the soup with the coriander leaves and honey until smooth.
- Return to the pan and gently warm through, season to taste and then serve in deep bowls garnished with a swirl of double cream and a some coriander leaves.
- 40g (1 1/2oz) butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 750g (1lb 10oz) carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 litre (1 3/4 pts) vegetable or chicken stock
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped plus sprigs to garnish
- 2tbsp honey
- 4tbsp double cream
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Princess Eugenie's adorably awkward comment on wedding day revealed by lip-reader
Princess Eugenie's adorably awkward comment to husband Jack Brooksbank on wedding day revealed as a lip reader decodes sweet moment between the couple
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Prince Harry's 'hot and cold' behavior on royal tours revealed
Prince Harry's behavior towards the press on overseas tours has been described as unpredictable
By Emma Dooney • Published
Strictly curse strikes again? Kai Widdrington and Nadiya Bychkova are rumored to be dating
Strictly curse rumors are swirling once again as an inside source has revealed Kai Widdrington and Nadiya Bychkova are dating
By Laura Harman • Published