By Woman and Home published
If you’re in need of a super healthy week night dinner, give this delicious risotto and courgette recipe a go – it’s great for vegetarians too. Packed courgettes, artichokes and petit pois, it’s got plenty of your five-a-day in and tastes really creamy thanks to the butter and Parmesan cheese. What more could you want?
HOW TO MAKE ARTICHOKE, COURGETTE AND PEA RISOTTO
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large, solid saucepan. Add the shallots and let them sweat for a few minutes. Next add the garlic, stir for a minute then add the rice with a good pinch of salt. Keep stirring the rice until it's well coated in the oil and butter. Add the wine and bubble for a minute or two. Now add the stock a ladle at a time, keeping the heat medium. Stir and stir until the rice has absorbed the stock, then add another ladle.
- After about 15 minutes, the rice will be nearly cooked but still slightly hard. Now add the vegetables, more stock and keep stirring for a few more minutes until the rice is perfectly cooked (it should be soft but with just a bit of bite). Take it off the heat, and add half the Parmesan and a knob of butter. Cover and let it stand for a few minutes. Dish into warmed bowls with extra Parmesan on the side.
- 25g (1oz) butter, plus a little extra
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g (9oz) Arborio rice
- splash dry white wine
- 900ml (1½pt) vegetable stock, boiling
- 400g (14oz) baby courgettes, sliced
- 195g (7oz) chargrilled artichokes
- 100g (4oz) frozen petit pois
- 4tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
What is a Royal Patronage and what will happen now the Queen’s stripped Prince Andrew of his?
What is a Royal Patronage is the question on many royal fans' minds after Her Majesty's recent statement.
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince Willaim 'absolutely furious' with Prince Andrew for 'bringing the Royal Family into disrepute'
The Queen is reportedly furious with her son Prince Andrew whose recent sex allegations have damaged the royal family's reputation
By Laura Harman • Published
How old was Ronnie Spector? 'Be My Baby' singer remembered by fans
Ronnie Spector is remembered for fronting the Ronnettes and her abusive marriage to producer and convicted murder Phil Spector
By Aoife Hanna • Published