A classic cheesecake recipe makes the perfect dinner party dessert option that your guests will love and you can prep in advance too.
HOW TO MAKE AMERICAN-STYLE BAKED CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE
- 250g (9oz) double chocolate chip cookies
- 25g (3oz) butter, melted
- 50g (2oz) dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 900g (2lb) full-fat cream cheese
- 300g (10oz) golden caster sugar
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 1½tsp chocolate extract
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 150g (5oz) raspberries
for the topping:
- 2 x 284ml cartons soured cream
- 50g (2oz) golden caster sugar
- 1tsp sweet sherry (optional)
- 50g (2oz) dark chocolate, coarsely grated
- raspberries, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 170 C, 150 C fan, 325 F, gas 3. Place the cookies in a processor and whizz until they break down into crumbs. Add the melted butter and then whizz again, until combined. Press into the base of the prepared cake tin and chill.
- Put the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water for a few minutes. Meanwhile, blend together the cream cheese, sugar, cornflour and chocolate extract in a free-standing mixer, until soft.
- Pour in the melted chocolate, mix again, then gradually add the eggs. Fold in the raspberries and turn the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour, then remove from the oven and leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the soured cream, golden caster sugar and sherry, if using. Pour on top of the baked cheesecake and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Immediately put into the fridge to cool overnight.
- To serve, scatter the grated chocolate over the top and decorate with raspberries.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's podcast taken into Spotify's 'own hands' as the royal couple fail to produce anything in over a year
Spotify has 'finally taken matters into their own hands,' when it comes to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's underperforming podcast
By Laura Harman • Published
Prince Charles fears Prince Harry’s memoir will cause ‘reputational damage’ to Camilla
Prince Charles has reportedly reached out to Prince Harry ahead of the book's release
By Emma Dooney • Published
These are the best cities for film lovers according to a new study
Love movies? You're going to want to check out these cities!
By Anna Rahmanan • Published