For a delicious dinner party recipe that is healthier than your usual, try this tasty Amelia Freer recipe this week.
HOW TO MAKE AMELIA FREER'S SWEET POTATO CAKES WITH GRILLED TIGER PRAWNS AND GINGER-SAFFRON YOGURT
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled (approximately 750g)
- 1 egg
- 25g coconut flour
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1tsp sea salt
- sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
- coconut oil, for frying
- 16 raw tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
For the ginger-saffron yogurt:
- pinch of saffron threads
- 125g coconut yogurt
- 1tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1tbsp freshly chopped coriander (optional)
- 1tsp freshly chopped mint (optional)
- Steam or boil your sweet potatoes for 10-12 minutes until soft. Drain and dry the potatoes in the pan for 1-2 minutes, then mash them until smooth. Mix in the egg, coconut flour, spring onions, salt and pepper. Form 12 lime-sized balls and press these into patties, about 1cm thick. If making ahead, chill the cakes in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- Add ½tbsp boiling water to the saffron threads and leave to cool. Remove from the water and mix them into the coconut yoghurt with the ginger, olive oil, salt and pepper. Squeeze in a little lemon juice. You can add coriander and mint as well, if you wish.
- Put 2tbsp coconut oil into a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Quickly sauté the prawns in a non-stick pan in a little coconut oil for 2 minutes on each side, until pink and cooked through. Serve the patties with a dollop of ginger-saffron yogurt over the top and the prawns on the side.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Snow Moon—name's origins and the planet whose shadow period might cause problems
Snow Moon—February full moon meaning and why you'd better keep an eye one troublesome planet's retrograde shadow period this lunar cycle
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Mercury Retrograde shadow period 2022 will happen EIGHT times so here's what to look out for
Mercury retrograde shadow period 2022—the period before and after this year's FOUR Mercury retrogrades and what to look out for
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Carrie and...who?! And Just Like That fans shocked by potential new romance
And Just Like That fans are shocked as they pick up between a potential new romance that may be blossoming between Carrie and...
By Laura Harman • Published