- 200g (7oz) softened butter
- 200g (7oz) golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300g (10oz) self raising flour
- 100ml (4floz) sour cream or crème fraiche
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 12 tsp strawberry jam
- 3 tbsp caster sugar to dust
- You will need
- a 12 hole muffin tin
Set oven to 180c/160fan/gas 4.
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, then beat in the eggs until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat well until just smooth.
Place a little of the mixture into each muffin hole. Make a dip in the centre of each cake with a teaspoon, then add a teaspoonful of jam to each one. Top with a little more mixture, and spread to make sure the jam is covered
Bake for 25 minutes until risen, golden and just firm to the touch
Allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove from the moulds and roll gently in caster sugar whilst still warm. Allow to cool then store in a cake tin.