Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Dawn French is one of the undisputed queens of British comedy, having worked on classics like the French and Saunders Show and the Vicar of Dibley.
And fans of the funny lady will be pleased to know she is hitting the road on a new UK tour for 2022.
Always one to zig when you expect her to zag—who can forget when she shocked fans with her grey hairstyle or when she took it even further to channel Jamie Lee Curtis with dramatic short hair—Dawn French has taken the unconventional route once again.
A post shared by Dawn French (@dawnrfrench) (opens in new tab)
A photo posted by on
This time, Dawn has decided to call her tour something that will definitely grab people’s attention, keeping on trend with her recent penchant for dirty innuendos that delight fans.
Read on to find out what Dawn French’s UK 2022 tour is called and how you can get tickets.
What is the name of Dawn French’s 2022 tour?
The upcoming 2022 UK tour is called Dawn French is a Huge Tw*t.
In a press release for the tour, Dawn explains that the show is named as such “because, unfortunately, it’s horribly accurate.”
My BIG NEWS!!!Tkts on sale now https://t.co/NzpG4f6LbW COME ON!!!! pic.twitter.com/TffJXcQe2BFebruary 17, 2022
“There have been far too many times I have made stupid mistakes or misunderstood something vital or jumped the gun in a spectacular display of tw*ttery. I thought I might tell some of these buttock-clenching embarrassing stories to give the audience a peek behind the scenes of my work life.”
While appearing on chat show, The Graham Norton Show, she gave an example of the stories to expect involving none other than future king, Prince Charles.
Dawn explained how, while attending the premiere of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe in which she voiced the role of Mrs Beaver, she told Prince Charles, “Tonight, Your Royal Highness, you will see my beaver.”
Dawn French tour dates
If you’re hoping to get tickets to one of Dawn’s shows, here’s where she will be visiting.
- Northcott Theatre, Exeter—Saturday, September 10, Sunday, September 11
- New Theatre Peterborough—Thursday, September 15
- New Theatre Oxford, Oxford—Friday, September 16
- De Montfort Hall, Leicester—Saturday, September 17
- Victoria Hall, Stoke on Trent—Sunday, September 18
- Sheffield City Hall Oval Hall, Sheffield—Thursday, September 22
- King George’s Hall, Blackburn—Friday, September 23
- St Georges Hall, Bradford—Saturday, September 24
- Royal and Derngate, Northampton—Sunday, September 25
- Aylesbury Waterside Theatre, Aylesbury—Thursday, September 29
- Portsmouth Guildhall, Portsmouth—Friday, September 30
- Cambridge Corn Exchange, Cambridge—Saturday, October 1
- Southend Cliffs Pavilion, Southend-On-Sea—Sunday, October 2
- Plymouth Pavilions, Plymouth—Thursday, October 6
- Princess Theatre, Torquay—Friday, October 7
- The Anvil, Basingstoke—Saturday, October 8
- Warwick Arts Centre, Coventry—Sunday, October 9
- Bournemouth Pavilion, Bournemouth—Thursday, October 13
- Congress Theatre, Eastbourne—Friday, October 14
- New Victoria Theatre, Woking—Saturday, October 15
- Ipswich Regent Theatre, Ipswich—Sunday, October 16
It is believed there will be more locations and dates added in the future, as Dawn responded to a fan on Twitter asking if she will visit any other countries in the UK by saying, “Patience, this is the first leg…”
Jack Slater is not the Last Action Hero, but that's what comes up first when you Google him. Preferring a much more sedentary life, Jack gets his thrills by covering news, entertainment, celebrity, film and culture for woman&home, and other digital publications.
Having written for various print and online publications—ranging from national syndicates to niche magazines—Jack has written about nearly everything there is to write about, covering LGBTQ+ news, celebrity features, TV and film scoops, reviewing the latest theatre shows lighting up London’s West End and the most pressing of SEO based stories.
Princess Anne’s history-making moment that would’ve made Prince Philip proud
Princess Anne’s history-making moment happened at Westminster Abbey and it might’ve been especially meaningful for her father
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Was this lipgloss the spark behind Meghan and Kate's infamous fallout?
The lipgloss behind Meghan and Kate's infamous fallout may have been revealed - and it's from this high-end brand the Princess loves
By Laura Harman • Published