John Lewis & Partners have launched a virtual personal shopping service, and appointments are available to all customers in the UK.
The virtual service has been launched to help customers find exactly what they are looking for and receive the expert product advice you would usually receive in-store – all without leaving your home.
The personal shopper will be able to make recommendations on a wide range of products from gifts to bedding, cookware and toys; with their expert colleagues joining to advise on more complex products such as tablets and smartphones.
Steven Hand, Head of Customer Experience said, “What our partners offer in our shops is impartial expertise and advice. This pilot means we can offer that again to customers all over the UK who cannot get to our shops. The lockdown has changed customer habits but customer service remains as important as ever."
How does the service work?
Before the appointment
- Book a 30 minute virtual personal shopping appointment on the John Lewis & Partners website. Or click here: to book your free personal shopping appointment
- Upon booking you will be asked a few questions about what you are looking for.
- Your personal shopper will send you a reminder and appointment link ten minutes before your appointment begins.
During the appointment
- You will be shown around the areas of the shop you want to visit.
- The personal shopper will show you products they think are suitable and will be there to answer questions about them.
- The appointment is free (available to UK customers only).
- There is no minimum spend.
After the appointment
- You can either have the products you want to buy sent to your home or, if you’re local, you can collect them from the Customer Collection Point in store.
- You can either pay online, over the phone or in the store.
- The standard delivery time is 3-5 days.
How to join John Lewis' virtual personal shopping service
The John Lewis & Partners virtual personal shopping service takes place in the format of a video call, via Zoom. They recommend using a laptop or desktop computer, although you can use Zoom via a smartphone. Once you have booked your appointment, you will be emailed the full details on how to join.
If you have any questions about the service you can email to find out more firstname.lastname@example.org