John Lewis & Partners have launched a virtual personal shopping service, and appointments are available to all customers in the UK.
The virtual service has been launched to help customers find exactly what they are looking for and receive the expert product advice you would usually receive in-store – all without leaving your home.
The personal shopper will be able to make recommendations on a wide range of products from gifts to bedding, cookware and toys; with their expert colleagues joining to advise on more complex products such as tablets and smartphones.
Steven Hand, Head of Customer Experience said, “What our partners offer in our shops is impartial expertise and advice. This pilot means we can offer that again to customers all over the UK who cannot get to our shops. The lockdown has changed customer habits but customer service remains as important as ever."
How does the service work?
Before the appointment
- Book a 30 minute virtual personal shopping appointment on the John Lewis & Partners website. Or click here: to book your free personal shopping appointment
- Upon booking you will be asked a few questions about what you are looking for.
- Your personal shopper will send you a reminder and appointment link ten minutes before your appointment begins.
During the appointment
- You will be shown around the areas of the shop you want to visit.
- The personal shopper will show you products they think are suitable and will be there to answer questions about them.
- The appointment is free (available to UK customers only).
- There is no minimum spend.
After the appointment
- You can either have the products you want to buy sent to your home or, if you’re local, you can collect them from the Customer Collection Point in store.
- You can either pay online, over the phone or in the store.
- The standard delivery time is 3-5 days.
How to join John Lewis' virtual personal shopping service
The John Lewis & Partners virtual personal shopping service takes place in the format of a video call, via Zoom. They recommend using a laptop or desktop computer, although you can use Zoom via a smartphone. Once you have booked your appointment, you will be emailed the full details on how to join.
If you have any questions about the service you can email to find out more email@example.com
Becky Joiner-O'Riordan is a Senior Fashion Stylist & Writer. With 10 years experience in the fashion industry, she currently works across woman&home, womanandhome.com, Woman, Woman's Own, Woman's Weekly, Chat, goodto.com, and has previously worked on Harper's Bazaar, Notion and Now Magazine.
After graduating from both the University of the Creative Arts and The Fashion Retail Academy with first-class honours she dipped her toes into the world of television styling working on This Old Thing, hosted by Dawn O’Porter and Channel 4’s live tv show series Gok Live: Stripping for Summer.
You can follow her on Instagram @beckyjoinero to get an insight into what goes on behind the scenes in the fashion cupboard and on our fashion and beauty shoots.
When she isn’t working, Becky is usually sporting a Breton tee and her signature top knot hairstyle with a glass of rosé in hand at the latest hotspots across London and Essex. An avid online shopper, Becky loves hearing from any new emerging fashion, beauty or homeware brands and is currently obsessed with buying vases and random trinkets for her new flat.
The 7 best lesbian sex positions for monumental orgasms
The best sex positions for women who sleep with women according to world-renowned experts
By Emilie Lavinia • Published
Weekly horoscope: 3 astrologers' predictions for Monday 24th January—Sunday 30th January
Curious to know what the week has in store for you?
By Penny Thornton • Published