Spaghetti carbonara is a traditional Italian pasta recipe that's fast and easy without compromising on flavour
- 300g (10oz) spaghetti
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g (4oz) bacon, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan, grated
- 2 free-range eggs
Give this dish a flash of colour and extra flavour by adding grated courgette to the pan while you fry the bacon
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt and the spaghetti and boil for 8 minutes then drain, but reserve a cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the bacon. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir through the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Mix the Parmesan and eggs together, then toss through the spaghetti with the bacon until evenly coated. Add 100ml (4fl oz) of the cooking liquid, toss again, then serve with plenty of cracked black pepper.