Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have the most popular celebrity wedding, according to new data. Compiling a list of Google searches for celebrity weddings since 2018, Harry and Meghan have amassed over 2.5M searches, beating the likes of Blake Lively, Kim Kardashian and Kate Middleton.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s 2018 wedding has topped a list of the most popular celebrity weddings.
- New research shows that the Sussexes pulled in over 2.5M Google searches for their nuptials, beating the likes of Kim Kardashian and Ariana Grande.
- In other royal news, the sweet way Princess Diana totally embarrassed Prince William on his birthday.
People all over the world can’t get enough of Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding, according to new data.
Not only did we reveal that Meghan’s was the most popular wedding dress of the last decade but new research by UK jewelry company, DC Jewellery (opens in new tab), has revealed the pair have topped a list of the world's most popular celebrity weddings of all time.
The pair comfortably topped the list, with the second most popular celebrity wedding – that of Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra - a good 600,000 searches below them.
The enduring popularity of the couple’s wedding could mean big business for Frogmore Cottage, Harry and Meghan's wedding reception venue which is planning to open to the public this summer.
Harry and Meghan tied the knot in May 2018, and it truly was a star-studded celebration.
Celebrities such as George Clooney, David and Victoria Beckham, and Serena Williams attended the wedding at St George's Chapel, and Idris Elba did a DJ set.
It would appear that, when it comes to celebrity weddings, nobody does it quite like a royal as there are two other royal, or royal adjacent, weddings on the list.
Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding came in sixth place with a combined 1.05M searches.
This is even more impressive considering the data only started collecting searches from 2018, and Kate and William were married back in 2011.
Pippa Middleton’s wedding to James Matthews came in eight place, with over 700,000 searches.
The top 10 most popular celebrity weddings in full are:
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry (2,579,200 searches)
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas (2,512,880 searches)
- Ariana Grande and Dalton Gomez (2,219,390 searches)
- Jennifer Lawrence and Cooke Maroney (1,533,650 searches)
- Paris Hilton and Carter Reum (1,235,340 searches)
- Kate Middleton and Prince William (1,050,600 searches)
- Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner (753,690 searches)
- Pippa Middleton and James Matthews (701,300 searches)
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West (691,500 searches)
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds (621,800 searches)
Jack Slater is not the Last Action Hero, but that's what comes up first when you Google him. Preferring a much more sedentary life, Jack gets his thrills by covering news, entertainment, celebrity, film and culture for woman&home, and other digital publications.
Having written for various print and online publications—ranging from national syndicates to niche magazines—Jack has written about nearly everything there is to write about, covering LGBTQ+ news, celebrity features, TV and film scoops, reviewing the latest theatre shows lighting up London’s West End and the most pressing of SEO based stories.
Who is Cameron Norrie as he becomes 'last one standing' for Britain in the singles at Wimbledon 2022?
If you're wondering who is Cameron Norrie you might not be alone as he asks everyone to 'get behind' him as Wimbledon 2022 continues...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Prince Harry to 'insist' Netflix's The Crown does not cover 'Megxit' storyline
The Duke of Sussex wants to stop The Crown from exploring his withdrawal from the Royal Family with Meghan Markle, according to an insider
By Emma Dooney • Published