It feels like the latest series of Strictly Come Dancing has only just finished - but already, speculation about the 2018 line-up has begun!
2017’s series saw a host of famous faces take to the ballroom floor to strut their stuff – with everyone from Ruth Langsford to Mollie King taking part.
Eventually, Holby City actor Joe McFadden won himself the coveted Glitterball trophy, after a heated final against Alexandra Burke, Gemma Atkinson, and Debbie McGee.
But now, it looks as though this year’s line-up could be set to top even that, as a wave of speculation begins to swirl over who might be on the cards to sign up for the show.
So who may appear on this year’s show?
The latest rumour is that ex-England football star, Alex Scott, could be the latest to sign up for the 2018 series.
The 33-year-old former Arsenal player is tipped to join the line-up following her popular BBC commentary on the recent World Cup.
According to the Mirror, “The word is she has agreed to sign up which would be a fantastic deal for everyone – she ticks all the boxes.
“It’s just a case of narrowing people down to see if they are really up for it and there aren’t any commitments preventing them from going ahead.”
And if she does join the show, it wouldn’t be her first go at professional dancing. She actually competed in the Sport Relief version of Strictly this year, dancing with Pasha Kovalev – and won huge commendation from the judges.
So which other celebrities might be joining Alex for Strictly’s next series?
The Strictly Come Dancing 2018 rumoured line-up:
Reports have flown for months now that Welsh actress and presenter Anneka Rice has already had a meeting with Strictly producers, after the show’s bosses got in touch with her.
The Sun claimed that the BBC believes that Anneka, 59, would be a “huge signing” for the show, and that she would appeal to older audiences the way Debbie McGee did in last year’s series.
Anneka rose to fame in the 80s on Channel 4 game show Treasure Hunt. She’s since hosted her own show on BBC One in the early 90s and co-hosted ITV’s Sunday Feast in 2006. She currently hosts an arts show on BBC Radio 2.
Popular personality Rylan Clark found fame on ITV show The X Factor, but has since made his mark in the presenting world, fronting Big Brother’s Bit on the Side. Rylan also regularly hosts the entertainment section of This Morning – and occasionally even steps in to host the entire show.
And now, it seems that Rylan could be keen to try his hand at a bit of ballroom, as he’s confessed that he’d be interested in being on Strictly.
Discussing how he went down to the studios in order to support his This Morning co-star Ruth Langsford last year, Rylan revealed “never say never” when it came to strutting his stuff himself.
He said, “Last year, I got the chance to go down there for the first time as previously I’ve always been on The X Factor. It was nice to go down and support Ruth Langsford. Never say never.”
GMB host Piers Morgan sent Strictly fans into a frenzy recently, as he teased that he could be next to take to the dancefloor. The TV host enjoyed a swirl around the Good Morning Britain studios when Anton Du Beke visited. He later tweeted “BREAKING: My Strictly training has begun”, alongside a picture of himself and former contestant Ed Balls.
However, while some fans were excited by the prospect, other didn’t quite believe that Piers was telling the truth. So will he really be taking part? We’ll have to wait and see!
Strictly‘s new Head Judge Shirley Ballas has revealed that she thinks the former Girls Aloud star would be perfect for the show this year. She told Radio Times, “I think Cheryl Cole would be amazing”.
The singer, of course, has years of experience dancing, and has performed extensive routines in videos and stage shows in the past. We reckon she could be a great fit…
The former Coronation Street actress has been tipped as one of the favourites for the Strictly 2018 line-up. A source reportedly told the Daily Star on Sunday, “Everyone knows that having Michelle Keegan out on the Strictly dance floor would be ratings gold. Everyone behind the scenes thinks she would set the dance floor alight. It’s now a matter of convincing her to sign up.”
Michelle herself hasn’t yet commented on the rumours, but her husband, Mark Wright, competed on the show himself in 2014. The former reality star came fourth in the series, after being partnered with Karen Hauer. So could he convince his wife to sign up too? Only time will tell…
The Great British Bake Off‘s 2015 winner has been hotly tipped for the 2018 series ever since the last series aired. The mum-of-three has already proven that she’s a big fan of the programme, attending the live shows during the 2017 series. And reportedly, it was Nadiya’s visit to the Elstree studios that may have clinched it for studio bosses.
At the time, The Sun reported, “Producers have openly said how much they would like to get Nadiya on the show. Nadiya is a big fan and loved getting the star treatment at the weekend. They pulled out all the stops and made her feel at home.”
He rose to fame in X Factor boyband Union J, and now it seems Josh could be primed to try his hand at dancing too.
According to The Sun, the 25-year-old singer is a key favourite with Strictly producers. A source said, “Josh has caught the eyes of producers and they’re seeing if he could take part. He could easily be a fan favourite. He’s young, in good shape and can dance. He’d be a strong signing.”