Taking some much needed ‘me time’ out to rest, refresh and recharge is essential to maintaining our sense of equilibrium.
And where better to do it that on a wellness retreat on UK shores? Combining nourishing food with stunning surrounds and all manner of zen-inducing activities including yoga and meditation, we can’t think of a better way to spend our leisure time.
All the retreats below will set you back less than £250, so you won’t need to break the bank, while banking on a staycation that will boost your health and wellbeing.
Sanctuary in the Sea
Where: Flat Holm Island, Wales
When: Next retreats 2020
How much: £60
Yes you read that right! Unbelievably the cost of this two-night ‘Sanctuary in the Sea’ retreat includes the following:
- Return RIB boat trip
- Relaxing yoga, Reiki, reflexology and meditation sessions
- Vegan food and drink
- Basic shared dormitory, or camping accommodation
This amazing deal on a tiny island off the cost of Cardiff has, unsurprisingly, sold out for its September intake but you can register here for the 2020 retreat schedule – I did this in a flash – with dates yet to be confirmed.
Meditate in Brighton
When: Various meditation weekends throughout the year
How much: From £88
I’ve tried and tested one of these meditation retreats myself, and found it really relaxing. Based at the Bodhisattva Kadampa Meditation Centre, there is a thread of Buddhist teachings throughout the weekend, which often have core themes such as ‘Overcoming Anxiety’. There are several meditation sessions/talks throughout the day, but also pockets of free time to chat with other retreat attendees, walk along the Brighton seafront and enjoy some delicious vegetarian food and snacks.
Where: Peak District
When: Various dates throughout the year
How much: From £159
Personalised retreat weekends with Secret Warriors include all professionally prepared food, drink, yoga, a dedicated host, accommodation in a stunning venue in the Peaks, with retreats in other parts of the country coming soon.
Where: Apart-hotel chain Roomzzz (currently being trialled in London and Manchester Corn Exchange venues)
When: Various dates
How much: From £249
Truly getaway from it all with a JOMO (Joy of Missing Out) wellbeing overnight stay package at this boutique hotel chain.
The above price includes the following:
- A special ‘box’ for all devices to be deposited in to create a real-sense of distance and avoid temptation.
- Sleep inducing scents c/o Neals Yard Remedies, cosy socks and eye mask for ultimate relaxation.
- An in room guide to “switching off” and guiding you through the mini-retreat.
- Activities of the guests choice including;
- Yoga/exercise mat and subscription to Les Mills On Demand programmes including BodyBalance which is inspired from yoga, Tai chi and Pilates disciplines.
- In-room massage booked and scheduled
- Books of your favourite genre in the room
- Herbal Teas
- Stocked fridge with selected food and drink of their choice and some healthy, nutrient boosting goodies for a delicious supper (recipe provided in the guide)
Do any of the above appeal to you?