No matter what shape category you fall into, there are ways to give your confidence a boost simply by knowing how to show off your curves perfectly. Whether you want to disguise arms or hide a tummy, our fashion team know the tricks that will have you looking slimmer in an instant…
Embracing your curves:
- Always define that waist and cinch it in with a belt but avoid skinny versions. Think about proportions – more curves = wider belt. Make it a sash or obi belt in supple suede, which moves with you.
- It’s all about proportion and scale – if you’re wearing print make sure it’s bold and larger (small ditzy florals are a no no).
- Avoid the black is thinning trap – worn as a separate is works but all over and it will make you look bigger.
Disgusing a tummy:
- A patterned top will disguise but avoid slim stripes that can highlight the problem. Longer line tops in a more structured fabric (think heavier weight) is ideal.
- Wear flat fronted trousers to avoid bulk around the tummy area.
- Use jewellery above the waistline to detract away from your tummy.
Flattering a larger bust:
- Avoid high neck tops in a solid block of colour that will emphasize your bust. V necklines are the most flattering and print can also disguise a larger bust.
- Use earrings to attract attention up and away from the bust line.
- Always show off your wrists – these are the slimmest part of every woman.
- Don’t feel the need to go full length – shorter kimono sleeves and rolled up sleeves are ideal.
- Oversized bangles on one arm or a statement necklace diverts attention away from where you don’t want it.