Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
No matter what shape category you fall into, there are ways to give your confidence a boost simply by knowing how to show off your curves perfectly. Whether you want to disguise arms or hide a tummy, our fashion team know the tricks that will have you looking slimmer in an instant...
Embracing your curves:
- Always define that waist and cinch it in with a belt but avoid skinny versions. Think about proportions - more curves = wider belt. Make it a sash or obi belt in supple suede, which moves with you.
- It's all about proportion and scale - if you're wearing print make sure it's bold and larger (small ditzy florals are a no no).
- Avoid the black is thinning trap - worn as a separate is works but all over and it will make you look bigger.
Disgusing a tummy:
Karen Smyth, 54, wears top, £89, Jigsaw (opens in new tab), necklace, £29, Phase Eight (opens in new tab), culottes, £165, LK Bennett (opens in new tab), shoes, £295, Bionda Castana for LK Bennett (opens in new tab).
- A patterned top will disguise but avoid slim stripes that can highlight the problem. Longer line tops in a more structured fabric (think heavier weight) is ideal.
- Wear flat fronted trousers to avoid bulk around the tummy area.
- Use jewellery above the waistline to detract away from your tummy.
Flattering a larger bust:
- Avoid high neck tops in a solid block of colour that will emphasize your bust. V necklines are the most flattering and print can also disguise a larger bust.
- Use earrings to attract attention up and away from the bust line.
Terrie Bentham, 53, wears shirt dress, £232.99, Evelin Brandt at Navabi (opens in new tab), top, £9.90; jeggings, £34.90, both Uniqlo (opens in new tab), bag, £225, Reiss (opens in new tab), espadrilles, £45, La Redoute (opens in new tab).
- Always show off your wrists - these are the slimmest part of every woman.
- Don't feel the need to go full length - shorter kimono sleeves and rolled up sleeves are ideal.
- Oversized bangles on one arm or a statement necklace diverts attention away from where you don't want it.
Princess Anne’s history-making moment that would’ve made Prince Philip proud
Princess Anne’s history-making moment happened at Westminster Abbey and it might’ve been especially meaningful for her father
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Was this lipgloss the spark behind Meghan and Kate's infamous fallout?
The lipgloss behind Meghan and Kate's infamous fallout may have been revealed - and it's from this high-end brand the Princess loves
By Laura Harman • Published