We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Designer shopping site Matches.com currently has up to 70% off designer labels.
MATCHESFASHION aren’t taking part in the Black Friday deals frenzy. But they do have some great reductions online at the moment. Scrolling through pages of sale stock can be both tiresome and time consuming though, so we’ve done the hard work for you by picking out classic, timeless and stylish pieces that are definitely worth investing in.
First of all, some golden rules for sale shopping
- Make sure to tick your shoe and clothing size on the side bar panel – this will save you time and avoid disappointment when you see that perfect boot that…oh…. isn’t available in my size!
- Look for timeless, classic pieces that won’t date and can be worn forever.
- Ask yourself ‘why is it in the sale?’ Is it such a trend-led piece that by next year it wouldn’t be in fashion?
- Think ahead and buy for the wrong season. Most of the heavily-discounted items on a fashion site will be for the season you are ‘not’ currently in.
- Check the returns policy before you buy. If you’re buying from abroad, is it free returns? Or will you have to pay for postage? Buying from countries such as China can sometimes cost you more to return recorded delivery than the actual piece you have bought.
Scrolling through the MATCHESFASHION sale they have some incredible offers, with up to 70% off summer stock. Want a designer swimsuit for £43? Take, for example, label Skin, whose reversible swimsuits (made from a sustainable fabric) usually retail at £145.
Accessories are also worth checking out. These gorgeous sliders are just £58 or invest in a 40% discounted croc printed leather bag from cult label Staud.
There are also lots of gems for the modern jet-setter.
Three Graces, On the Island by Marios Schwab and Isa Arfen are all brands who design beautiful feminine silhouettes, perfect for UK summers and holidays by the pool.
MATCHESFASHION sale: your winter wardrobe
If you can’t think ahead to next summer, there are still some 70% off winter bargains to be had.
Chloe walking-style boots for £267 (RRP £890), luxury mohair hooded sweaters £157 (RRP £525) and a sophisticated winter white coat from the cult label Raey, whose mission is to create pieces to form the building blocks of a stylish-yet-practical wardrobe.
We advise checking out the whole Raey sale section, as there are more bargains to be found!
Finally, always remember when sale shopping…
We can’t stress enough how important it is to not get sucked in by how discounted an item is. Remember expensive sale items should be timeless and classic.
We’re all aware of the effect that fast fashion has on the planet and (aside from only buying second hand) the best thing you can do for mother earth is to buy less stuff.
Investing in items that are high-quality enough to last a long time, and will not go in and out of fashion means that you’ll have a longer lasting wardrobe. You’ll also find you treasure and look after your items a lot more.