serves:4 plus leftovers for 1
Nutrition per portion
- 750g (1lb 10oz) Jersey Royals, halved
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 4 trout fillets
- 75g (3oz) mayonnaise
- 50g (2oz) plain yogurt
- 35g (1¼oz) capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- good squeeze lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 50g (2oz) green olives, halved
- ½tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1tbsp finely chopped chives
- 100g (4oz) radishes, topped, tailed and quartered
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the eggs in cold water, bringing up to a simmer for 6 or 7 minutes, then run under cold water to cool completely.
Heat the grill to medium-high. Brush the fish lightly with oil, season and grill for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, capers, mustard, lemon juice and garlic to make a creamy dressing.
Gently toss all the ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle over the dressing, serving the trout on the side.
Top Tip for making Jersey Royal New Potato Salad with Grilled Trout
Use the leftovers for the lunch next day. Just add some tuna – try albacore tuna in olive oil, usually in jars and widely available.