- 250g (9oz) dried mango, finely chopped
- 4tbsp dark rum
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g (4oz) golden caster sugar
- 350ml (12fl oz) double cream
- 100g (4oz) creamed coconut, grated
- 200g (7oz) Greek yoghurt
- mango and passion fruit sauce, to serve
- You will need
- 1.2 litre (2pt) basin
Dried mango is a pain to chop, so I do it in the food processor using the pulse button. Then marinate it in rum for a few hours.
Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together. Bring the cream to the boil, then pour over the yolks, whisking all the time. Return to the pan and cook gently until the mix thickens slightly. Take off the heat, add the coconut and stir well to dissolve.
Cool then add the yogurt. Add the mango and rum and pour into a basin or loaf tin, lined with clingfilm. Freeze for about 6 hours. Serve with mango and passion fruit sauce.