- 800g (1lb 12oz) squid, cleaned, tubes split in half
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- juice 3 limes
- 1tbsp oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1tsp sugar
- large handful coriander leaves, chopped
- crusty bread and a green salad, to serve
On the underside of each split squid tube, score a diamond pattern half the thickness of the squid with a sharp knife. Brush with a little oil on each side and season. Mix the chilli, lime juice, oil and sugar together, and season.
Grill the squid on the hottest part of the barbie for 1 minute on each side, then remove and divide between plates. Mix the coriander into the lime and chilli, and pour over the squid. Serve with a green salad, and crusty bread to mop up the juices.