Taken from The Art of Eating Well by Jasmine and Melissa Hemsley (Ebury Press)
- For the chicken:
- 180g ground almonds or use Sun Flour
- 2 eggs
- 6 pieces of chicken (use a mix of drumsticks and thighs), skin on
- 1 tbsp ghee
- sea salt and black pepper
- For the spice mix:
- 3 tsp hot smoked paprika or 2½ tsp smoked sweet paprika with ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp onion powder (optional)
- ¾t sp garlic powder (optional)
Preheat the oven to fan 180°C/Gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
Mix the ground almonds and ingredients for the spice mix in a bowl. In a second bowl, beat the eggs.
Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, in the egg, then coat in the mix of ground almonds and spices and lay on the baking tray.
Gently heat the ghee and use a spoon to drizzle it over the pieces.
Bake for 45 minutes until golden and sprinkle with some sea salt and pepper.