- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp groundnut oil
- ½tsp each ground turmeric, white pepper and cumin and fennel seeds
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 200g carton coconut cream
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2tbsp coriander, chopped
- 200g (7oz) tiger prawns, peeled
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and halved lengthways
- fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
In a food processor, roughly blend the onion and garlic until almost the texture of purée.
Heat the oil in a wok, add the onion mixture and stir-fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add spices, then stir in the chilli.
Stir in the coconut cream, 150ml (¼pt) water, fish sauce and sugar. Add the fresh coriander and tiger prawns (for an attractive presentation, leave the tails on).
Cook gently until the prawns change from blue to pink. Before serving, stir in ¼ cucumber, peeled, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced, along with a slice of peeled, cored and chopped fresh pineapple. Not suitable for freezing.