- 125g (4½oz) mixed quinoa
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 100g (4oz) tenderstem broccoli
- 50g (2oz) peas
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets, flaked
- 50g (2oz) spinach
- 50g (2oz) cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cooked beetroots, sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp seeds
Cook the quinoa according to pack instructions (approximately 15-20 minutes.) Then drain, season well and stir through the parsley.
Meanwhile bring a medium pan of water to the boil and add the broccoli and peas. Return to the boil then cook for 3 minutes before draining.
In a large bowl gently toss the quinoa, broccoli, peas, mackerel, spinach, cucumber and red onion together. Fold through the beetroot and scatter with the seeds to serve.
Swap the mackerel for avocado for a tasty vegetarian treat.