- 150g (5oz) sugar snap peas
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds removed and sliced into moon shapes
- 4 celery sticks, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 x 120g pack herb salad
- 2 dessert apples (we used Pink Lady), cut into thin wedges
- 350g (12oz) Wensleydale cheese, cut into rough chunks
- for the dressing:
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp walnut oil (optional)
Place the sugar snaps into a colander and pour over boiling water. Run them under the cold tap until they are cool then leave to drain. This brightens their colour and makes them crunchier.
Combine with all the other ingredients together in a bowl, season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with the dressing ingredients. Serve immediately with crusty bread and plenty of salted butter.