- 1 medium butternut squash, chopped into medium chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g (1lb 2oz) passata
- 250g (9oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ pack fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 100g (4oz) black olives
- 4 cod loins (approx 600g)
- 50g (2oz) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 75g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp fresh pesto
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/Gas 6. Place the butternut squash & red onion in a baking dish and drizzle with the oil. Transfer to the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
Pour over the passata and scatter with the tomatoes, ½ the thyme and olives.
Season the fish and dust in the flour. Dip into the beaten egg then roll through the breadcrumbs mixed with the remaining thyme. Add the fish to the passata tray, drizzle over the pesto and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until crisp and cooked through.
Salmon would also be a good fillet to bake in this delicious tray bake.