Chocolate bark makes a great gift for friends, and is so easy to make (not that they need to know that!)
- 150g (6oz) chocolate (white, dark or both)
- flavourings for the dark chocolate bar
- 2 tsp chopped stem ginger
- pinch of dried red chillies
- 75g (3oz) chopped dried figs
- flavourings for the swirled chocolate bar
- 50g/2oz dried cranberries
- 50g/2oz chopped pistachios
- flavourings for the white chocolate bar
- seeds from 2 cardamom pods
- 50g/2oz salted almonds
- 50g/2oz snipped, dried mango
- you will need
- 3 small baking trays lined with baking parchment
Break up your chosen chocolate and melt in a microwave for 2 mins until smooth (or heat in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water).
Line a baking tray with baking parchment then pour the chocolate on top (or drizzle white and dark together).
Sprinkle with flavourings and leave to set in a cold place for about an hour, preferably not the fridge.