- 300g (10oz) Camargue red rice (Merchant Gourmet or Gallo)
- 3 preserved lemons (we like Belazu and Al'Fez), finely chopped
- handful black olives, pitted
- large bunch coriander, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 2tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2tbsp vinegar: sherry, balsamic or red wine
- 2tbsp olive oil
Place the rice in a pan, cover with 600ml (1pt) water and bring to a simmer. After a minute stir the rice, cover the pan and turn the heat right down. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the rice is tender and all the water has evaporated. Drain and cool under cold running water.
Stir the lemon slices, olives, capers, red onion and coriander through the rice, and drizzle over the vinegar and oil. Check the seasoning and serve immediately, or allow to cool. This salad will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.