- 500g (1lb 2oz) raw beetroot, peeled and sliced into small wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 pack fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 250g (9oz) broad beans
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g (2oz) mixed baby leaves
- 100g (4oz) feta, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/Gas 6. Toss the beetroot in 1 tbsp of oil, and scatter with the ½ the thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile blanch the broad beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes then drain and pod.
Mix the oil & vinegar together and toss with beetroot, broad beans, spring onions, remaining thyme, mixed leaves & feta.
Make sure you take the time to pod the broad beans as they can be very tough and bitter if eaten with them still podded