Clementine cake with chocolate glaze is a citrus cake that is naturally gluten free. It's coated in a glossy chocolate glaze and decorated with edible glitter to make it a real showstopper!
- 7 seedless clementines
- 130g ground almonds
- 120g potato flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder(gluten-free if needed)
- 6 free-range eggs, beaten
- juice of 2 clementines
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- edible gold stars, to decorate
- a 20cm springform cake tin, the base and sides lined with baking parchment
- Put the clementines into a small pan. cover with water, bring to the boil then leave on a low simmer until completely softened. Take out of the water and leave to cool for 10 mins. Blitz (including the peel) in a food processor until you have a chunky purée. Heat the oven to 190C.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix in the eggs and clementine purée, and stir until combined. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 50 mins. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, mix the clementine juice and sugar together. Using a skewer, make holes all over the surface of the warm cake and spoon over the juice.
- To decorate, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Take off the heat then whisk in the syrup. Spread over the cake. Allow to set then sprinkle over the edible stars.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up