This mince pie wreath is the ultimate Christmas party treat.
- 500g block shortcrust pastry
- 411g jar mincemeat
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- icing sugar, to dust
- rum butter
- a baking tray lined with baking parchment
- a 20cm cake tin, greased
To make the rum butter: beat together 125g butter, 125g sifted icing sugar, 2tbsp dark rum.
Our mince pie wreath turns a classic festive treat into an irresistible sharing dish that’s perfect for parties. With only 4 key ingredients, this mince pie wreath really couldn’t be easier to make and it's packed with dried fruit and winter spices, all rolled up in crisp shortcrust pastry. We've served this tear and share mince pie wreath with a rum butter than makes it so irresistible! The sweet and fruits pastry swirls are served with this rum butter for dunking, but you could also try a brandy butter or whipped cream with a little orange zest. We’ve used shop bought mincemeat to make this recipe really straightforward, but you could try making your own if you like. Friends and family will love getting stuck into this tear and share style wreath. It looks so impressive and will be a real crowd pleaser at any festive get together.
HOW TO MAKE A MINCE PIE WREATH
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry into a 60x20cm rectangle. Spread the mincemeat over the pastry, leaving a 2cm border. Tightly roll the pastry into a sausage shape and cut into 16 rounds.
- Put the cake tin in the middle of the baking tray. Arrange the mincemeat swirls tightly around the tin. Carefully remove the tin to leave behind a wreath shape. Lightly brush the swirls with the egg yolks, then leave to chill for at least 30 mins. You can make this the day before and leave in the fridge lightly covered with clingfilm.
- Heat the oven to 200C and bake the wreath for 30-35 mins. Leave to cool for 20 mins before carefully transferring to a serving plate. Dust with icing sugar and serve with rum butter.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Baking Recipes
More Christmas Recipes
Christmas baking Recipes
More Pastry Recipes
Party food Recipes
More Party food Recipes