This gooey melted Camembert is an irresistible centrepiece for any party spread. Serve with crusty bread to dunk into the warm melted cheese.
- 1kg Camembert
- 20g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 25g pecans, lightly toasted
- sprigs of rosemary
Melted Camembert is a great quick and easy (and rather impressive!) party food snack. Keep a round of Camembert in the fridge and you’ll always have something at hand for last minute guests – baking it to produce a bowl of dippy goodness is particularly tempting in chilly weather. Generally speaking, all nuts would work in this recipe so feel free to chop and change for your favourites – we also really like macadamias. Camembert is a great choice of cheese for baking as the structure gets creamier as it is heated. Interestingly, the traditional poplar wood box it’s sold in has been traced back as far as 1890, having been invented to transport Camembert to further shores. All the happier for it, it makes for a superb baking dish for this creamy baked and melted Camembert. To make it into a meal serve with a tossed green salad and lots of crusty bread.
HOW TO MAKE MELTED CAMEMBERT
- Take the cheese out of its packaging then put it back in the box (you want ideally a stapled box rather than glued, so it won’t come apart in the oven – we used Président).
- Put the box base into the lid so you have a double layer. Now make diagonal slashes both ways over the rind of the cheese.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Sprinkle the nuts across the centre and add the rosemary. Cover with foil then bake for 35 mins. Take off the foil for the last 5 mins. The cheese should be melting in the centre. Serve with steamed baby new potatoes to dip, cornichons and slices of salami. if you have any leftover, you can heat it again.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Cheese Recipes
Party food Recipes
More Party food Recipes
More Christmas Recipes