A crown of lamb is a stunning centrepiece that makes a change from roast beef or a leg of lamb. This succulent joint of lamb is stuffed with a rich and fruity stuffing, and tastes just as good as it looks!
- 16 x bone (2 racks of 8) rack of lamb, crown-tied (ask your butcher to do this)
- a little butter
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 60g dried cranberries
- 60g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g pistachios, chopped
- 2tsp zatar or ras-el-hanout
- 1 beaten egg, to bind
- To make the stuffing: heat the oil and cook the onion until softened, add the garlic and cook for a few more mins. Put into a bowl then add all the remaining stuffing ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Pack as much stuffing as you can into the lamb crown cavity and put the rest into a buttered ovenproof dish. Dot with butter and cover with foil.
- Cover the stuffing and bones with foil and roast for 40 minutes for just pink lamb. While the lamb is resting, uncover the stuffing in the dish and brown for 5 more minutes in the oven.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up