Mushroom paté is a rich and indulgent veggie starter. We’ve used three different mushrooms in our mushroom paté recipe, which gives it great depth of flavour.
- 30g dried porcini mushrooms
- 50g butter, plus around 125g for the top of the pâté
- 3 echalion shallots, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 450g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 300g white closed cap mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 bunches tarragon, finely chopped
- 120g cream cheese
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- bay leaves and thyme
- Soak the porcini in boiling water until softened, about 20 mins, then strain through a sieve.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan and sauté the porcini for a few minutes, then set aside. Put the shallots and garlic in the same pan and cook until softened. Set aside.
- Now sauté the remaining mushrooms in batches, adding butter when needed until they are cooked. Put into a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Whizz in a processor with seasoning. Put into a pâté dish. Melt the 125g butter and pour over the top, leaving the milky solids in the pan. Arrange the herbs in the butter. Chill in the fridge; serve with toasts or crostini.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up