Vegan curry with chickpeas is a flavour packed dish that is easy to make. This spicy and aromatic curry contains no animal products whatsoever, but does not compromise on flavour.
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp garam masala
- 1tbsp each chilli flakes, ground cumin, ground coriander
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 160ml can coconut cream
- 1 bunch chopped fresh coriander
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan then cook the onions over a medium heat for 10 mins until lightly browned, Meanwhile, peel the ginger (using a teaspoon) then whizz to a paste with the garlic. Add to the onions and cook for a few mins. Add the spices and cook, stirring for a few mins. Add the tomatoes, cook for 5 mins then add the chickpeas, 200ml cold water and coconut cream.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 mins before stirring in the coriander. Serve with rice, pappadums, wedges of lime and a tomato and chilli salad.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up