Garlic Chicken with Sherry
Garlic chicken with sherry is a high protein and delicious evening meal.
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- 75ml dry sherry
- 2tsp pimentón pepper
- 4tbsp chopped fresh parsley
If you enjoyed this delicious garlic chicken recipe, why not try our garlic and mustard sticky chicken wing recipe or our one-pot lemon chicken with sausage and garlic for a no fuss meal.
- Put the olive oil, bay leaves and garlic into a small pan and leave to infuse over a low heat for 15 mins. Heat the oven to 180. Put the oil, bay leaves and garlic into a large sauté pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the sauté pan, skin-side down, until the skin is crispy. Then put skin-side up on a baking tray in the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Return the chicken to the infused oil in the sauté pan, turn up the heat and add the dry sherry. Allow it to bubble to burn off the alcohol then sprinkle over the pimentón and parsley. Serve with a tomato salad and some crusty bread with a drizzle of olive oil to dip into the sauce.Such a simple dish, best served with a crunchy green salad and some sautéed or steamed potatoes.