Prawn Tacos with Chilli and Salsa
Our prawn tacos with salsa are a refreshing dinner option with a Mexican twist.
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g large raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 12 crunchy taco shells
- extra lime wedges, to serve
- salt and pepper
- Mix together the diced tomatoes, finely chopped onion, lime juice and chopped fresh coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Season the prawns with a pinch of salt and place in the frying pan and cook until pink. Add the chipotle paste into the pan and stir well until the prawns are nicely coated.
- To assemble, split the baby gem into individual leaves. Place two baby gem leaves into each taco shell. Add some of the salsa that was prepared before and the chipotle covered prawns. Add a squeeze of lime juice and a scattering of coriander to give it a fresh and zesty finish.