Even diehard meat lovers will go for this delicious dish of baked courgette and ricotta.
- 1kg courgettes, trimmed and thickly sliced lengthways
- 5tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 120g baby kale, blanched and excess water squeezed out
- 500g ricotta
- 3 egg yolks
- 75g Parmesan (or similar if serving strict veggies)
- 100ml double cream
- you will also need a 1.5 litre shallow ovenproof gratin dish
Baked courgette and ricotta makes for a delightful treat, and is a great twist on your standard aubergine and Parmesan bake, to impress your family or guest at your next dinner party, .
HOW TO MAKE BAKED COURGETTE AND RICOTTA
- First, top and tail the courgettes and slice them thickly lengthways. Toss the courgettes in 4tbsp of olive oil with plenty of salt and pepper. Then put under a hot grill until well browned on one side. You might have to do this in two batches to make sure they all grill evenly.
- Set the courgette slices aside to cool. While the courgettes cool, slice the leeks and cook them in a frying in the remaining oil until tender. Set aside to cool. Blanche the kale and squeeze out the excess water. Mix the kale, ricotta, egg yolks, Parmesan (reserve 2tbsp) and double cream in a bowl.
- To assemble, put the leeks evenly in the base of the dish, cover with a layer of courgettes, then the ricotta mixture and finally the remaining courgettes to cover the top. Heat the oven to 180C. Sprinkle over the remaining two tablespoons of Parmesan and bake for 50 mins until browned and bubbling. Serve with a green salad. This also makes a great side dish to serve 8 with roast chicken or grilled fish.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Courgette Recipes
More Vegetarian Recipes