Spiced Lamb Cutlets Recipe With Giant Couscous
Our lamb cutlets recipe makes the most of this delicious cut of meat with a spicy marinade...
- 12 lamb cutlets
- toasted sesame seeds
- 3tbsp honey
- 2tbsp soy
- 2tsp sriracha (hot chilli sauce)
- 1tsp rice vinegar
- 100g (dry weight) giant couscous
- 10 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 3 preserved lemons, flesh removed and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3tbsp olive oil
We've served out lamb cutlets recipe alongside a fresh and slightly spicy giant couscous salad with cherry tomatoes, lemon, and fresh parsley. Giant couscous, also known as Israeli couscous, has more texture than regular couscous, holds it shape well when cooked, and makes an interesting change from rice or regular couscous in summer salads.
When buying lamb, always check the packaging to make sure it is British lamb, and from a high welfare farm. Logos to look out for are the Red Tractor logo, ensuring traceable, high welfare, British meat with environmental protection, the RSPCA Assured logo, ensuring animal welfare, and the Soil Association logo, ensuring animal welfare and environmental protection.
- Mix the marinade ingredients, then use to coat the cutlets. Cover and leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Cook the couscous according to package instructions, mix with all the other salad ingredients, and season.
- Grill on the barbecue or under the grill. Sprinkle with the seeds, then serve with the couscous salad as a side.