Apricot Chicken Bake with Herby Potatoes
This tasty one pot dish is an alternative to a tray bake - with tender chicken thighs and fruity flavours thanks to the dried apricots
- 250g echalion (banana) shallots, peeled and halved
- 150g dried apricots
- 6 large chicken thighs
- 1⁄2-1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 200-300ml chicken stock
- 1⁄2tbsp light olive oil
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- a handful of coriander, parsley and mint leaves, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- natural yogurt, to serve
Itís a chicken recipe thatís perfect for if you want a speedy one-pot recipe to keep your week night meal simple or something thatís easy for your next dinner party.
With chilli, cumin and coriander seeds, there is plenty of spice in this recipe, while the sweet banana shallots and dried apricots help to give this dish a lovely sweetness.
This dish is ready in an hour and serves six, so itís a great go to supper to feed the whole family.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Put the shallots in a roasting tin and top with the apricots and chicken, skin side up. Sprinkle over the chilli, cumin and coriander seeds. Pour in enough stock to half cover the chicken, drizzle over the light olive oil and season well. Cover with foil and cook for 1 hour, removing the foil after 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the potatoes to the boil in a pan of cold water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Mix with the spring onions, herbs, extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. Serve along with the chicken, with some natural yogurt.