Want a warming, cheesy fix? Read on...
- 250g pouch of ready-to-eat Puy lentils
- 250g pouch of ready-to-eat freekeh
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 200g cooked beetroot, sliced
- 80g bag rocket
- 250g halloumi, sliced
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp dried mint
This new sensation in salad preparation is perfect for any occasion, but we suggest it as a particularly good choice for a girls' Saturday lunch. The delicious mix of Puy lentils, trendy freekeh and that hot favourite, halloumi, combine to provide a varied flavour sensation which will tickle your tastebuds to full capacity. Subtly flavoured lentils and avocado are complemented by the tangy, salty flavours of the halloumi, which is also the main source of warmth in this Winter salad. Traditionally a cold dish, this warming salad provides a Wintery alternative to the traditional Summer meal. This salad is quick and easy, and you can prepare it in advance by following this recipe until the end of stage two (but leaving off the rocket).
HOW TO MAKE LENTIL SALAD
- To make the dressing, mix together the oil, lemon juice, orange juice and dried mint, and season well.
- Tip the lentils and freekeh into a large bowl and mix together with a fork to separate the grains. Add the avocado, pepper, beetroot, rocket and most of the dressing, carefully stir through and divide between serving plates.
- Fry the halloumi for 2-3 minutes on each side in a non-stick frying pan until golden, and add to the salad. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and scatter over the mixed seeds and mint leaves to serve.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Lentil Recipes
More Cheese Recipes
More Healthy Recipes
More Winter Recipes