A healthy boost in the form of a fish dish...
- 1 litre chicken bone broth (or strong chicken stock)
- 5cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 250g cooked brown basmati rice
- 150g pak choi, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sunflower oil
- 200g fresh tuna steak
Tuna steak is often the lesser known variety of tuna; second to the tinned type we've become used to in sandwiches. The steak variety of this fish is however, a culinary delight, as well as being nutritious and vitamin-packed. It is also full of omega 3, and provides a wonderful immune system boost. Whether you're fighting off or staving off a cold, a chicken broth (combined with tuna) provides a perfect, warming, feeling of comfort. With energy provided by basmati rice in the carbohydrate corner, and one of your 5 a day from the Chinese cabbage (pak choi), this seared tuna and rice bowl has got everything covered, and is perfect for either lunch or dinner (vary portion sizes accordingly). The ginger and chilli combine to provide a spice and an exciting kick in this variation on a standard broth, and all flavours and ingredients complement each other perfectly in a fish-come-rice-come-broth dish; designed to make you feel good.
HOW TO MAKE TUNA AND RICE
- Pour the broth into a deep pan with the ginger, garlic and chilli. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid, and simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
- Add the rice and pak choi for a further 3 minutes, until piping hot.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot, and sear the tuna for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from the heat and slice.
- Divide the broth, veg and rice between 4 bowls and top with seared tuna slices.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Healthy Recipes
More Tuna Recipes
More Fish Recipes