No bake white chocolate, lime and passion fruit cheesecake uses ricotta, which is a lighter option and gives a real creaminess to this delicious dessert
For the base :
- 120g ginger nuts, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 500g crème fraîche
- 100g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lime and 2tsp fresh lime juice
- sieved juice of 2 passion fruit
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 250g ricotta
- pulp of 2 passion fruit, chocolate curls and lime zest, to serve
- An 18cm loose-based cake tin, oiled
For a tasty Easter recipe that doesn’t require any baking, why not give this delicious cheesecake a go? White chocolate and lime make a really great pairing as the bitterness of the lime really offsets the sweetness of the white chocolate. While using ricotta in this cheesecake gives it a really creamy texture that’s much lighter for you than your usual cheesecake bases – so it’s a winner all round and will be the talk of your dinner party.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE, LIME AND PASSION FRUIT CHEESECAKE
- Mix the ginger nuts with the butter and press into the tin. Leave in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water. Gently heat the crème fraîche and sugar until the sugar dissolves but keep stirring. Add the gelatine, lime zest and juice zest, and passion fruit juice; stir until the gelatine dissolves. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whizz up the ricotta in a food processor then add the melted chocolate and crème fraîche mix. Pour over the base then set in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, put a hot cloth around the cheesecake tin to loosen it, pop onto a serving plate then return to the fridge for 20 minutes. When you’re ready, add the passion fruit, chocolate curls and lime zest.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Cheesecake Recipes
More Dessert Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes
More Easter Recipes