Curd cheesecake with fruit sauce is light as air and goes served with damson, plum or apricot sauce - whatever you can find that's in season
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 600g curd cheese
- 100g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 500g damsons, plums or apricots
- juice of 1 lemon
- 125g sugar
- a 22cm loose-based or springform tin, sides buttered
For a dinner party recipe that can be prepped ahead without any fuss, will feed a lot of people and is super easy to whip up, why not try this curd cheesecake recipe served with a sweet and fruity sauce? This recipe serves up to ten people, so you’ll be covered even if anyone asks for seconds too. Using fruit that’s in season, it’s a cost effective way to prepare a dessert this week.
HOW TO MAKE CURD CHEESECAKE WITH FRUIT SAUCE
- Crush the biscuits, then melt the butter and stir it in. Press into the base of a greased 22cm springform tin and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 170C, gas 3. Whisk together the curd cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined – around 10 minutes with an electric whisk. Spoon over the biscuit base.
- Bake the cheesecake for 35 minutes. It should still have a little wobble in the middle. Run a knife around the edge, leave to cool then put into the fridge.
- To make the sauce, stone the bigger fruits but not the damsons. Put the fruit in a pan with the lemon, sugar and 150ml water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes. For damsons, pass them through a sieve then whizz with a stick blender. Chill until you are ready to serve.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Cheesecake Recipes
More Dessert Recipes
dinner party Recipes
More Dinner party Recipes