Passion fruit cheesecake is beautifully light and fresh, made with cream cheese and creme fraiche and passion fruit in the mix
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g digestives, crushed in a food processor
- 4 gelatine leaves, soaked for 5 minutes
- 300g crème fraiche
- 500g cream cheese
- 135g caster sugar
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 6 passion fruit, plus 2 to decorate
- 20cm non-stick tin with removable base
Look for wrinkly skins on the passion fruit, which is also a great source of vitamins A and C
Using passion fruit to decorate the top of this cheesecake too adds an extra layer of glamour. A no fuss, easy recipe that everyone will adore – what’s not to love?
- Mix the melted butter with the crushed biscuits,remove to the tin, spread out to make an even layer, pressing lightly to set. Set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Drain the gelatine and place in a small saucepan, cover with 2tbsp boiling water then mix to dissolve, add the crème fraiche and heat gently, and mix until smooth and combined.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract and passion fruit pulp. Beat in the crème fraiche mixture until well combined, pout into the tin and set aside in the fridge to firm up over night. To serve, spoon over the passion fruit pulp.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up