Healthy bean and root vegetable pot is made with sweet potatoes and cannellini beans for a filling vegetarian one pot recipe spiced with rose harissa
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2-3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250g dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 150g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 150g potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 450g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 450g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1½tsp rose harissa paste
- large handful parsley, finely chopped
This stew will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge
With potato, sweet potato and butternut squash providing the carbs and cannellini beans being filled with protein, this dish will leave you feeling satisfied. Plus, this recipe serves six so you can either feed a crowd or save a portion for your lunch too.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based casserole over a medium heat, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened and browned, add the garlic, chilli, star anise and cinnamon, cook for another minute.
- Drain and rinse the beans then add along with the stock, dried apricots and thyme. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes before adding the vegetables, mix well, add more water if needed. Bring back to the boil and allow to simmer for another 20 minutes or until tender. Stir in the harissa, parsley and some seasoning to serve.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up