Pineapples, chillies and limes liven up this Asian-style rice salad and griddled chicken dish
- 800g (1lb 12oz) mini chicken fillets
- 1tbsp oil
- juice 1 lime
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- 2tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 4tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 500g cooked basmati rice
- 250g (9oz) pineapple chunks, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Chef’s tip: Japanese rice vinegar makes a delicious fat-free salad dressing all on its own.
Whether you want a healthy lunch or easy dinner idea, give this colourful salad with Asian inspired ingredients a go. With pineapples, chillies and limes to create a wonderful mix of sweet, sour and spicy tastes and chicken to provide the protein, this salad is full of healthy ingredients that really do taste great.
What’s more, this salad up to eight people, so is great if you’re feeding a crowd or want to make up a batch of lunches for the week ahead.
- For the chicken, heat a griddle pan to hot. Brush the chicken lightly with the oil, season and cook them in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- For the dressing, mix the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and vinegar until combined. Place the rice, pineapple, red chilli and spring onions in a large bowl and toss through the dressing. To serve, stir in the herbs and serve the chicken on the side.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up