This stroganoff recipe is delicious served with brown rice, ribbon noodles or as an accompaniment to grilled pork chops
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tsp paprika
- 400g (14oz) mixed mushrooms, sliced such as shitake, Portobello, chestnut and oyster
- 60ml (4tbsp) dry sherry or white wine
- 100ml (3fl oz) chicken or vegetable stock
- 150ml (¼pt) soured cream
- 1tbsp parsley, finely chopped
Melt the butter with the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the onion and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until soft and golden. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for a further minute or two. Add all the mushrooms and cook on a high heat for a further five minutes, stirring often.
Pour in the sherry or white wine and let it bubble for a minute, then add the stock and allow the mixture to bubble for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly.
Reduce the heat, add the soured cream, season and stir well until thoroughly combined. Scatter over the parsley and serve immediately.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up