Roast Chicken Breasts with Sweetcorn Risotto and Caramelised Shallots
Roast chicken and sweetcorn risotto is a great combination that everyone loves
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
For the risotto:
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 175g (6oz) Arborio rice
- 100ml (3fl oz) white wine
- 400ml (14fl oz) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 x 340g tin sweetcorn, drained
If you have any spare roast chicken, why not shred it and stir into the risotto 5 minutes before the end to heat through thoroughly. Garnish with snipped chives
- Heat oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Place the shallots in a roasting tin, pour over 1tbsp olive, add the thyme sprigs and season with salt and pepper. Place the shallots in the oven to roast.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large lidded saucepan. Add the spring onions, garlic and thyme and sweat for 5 minutes until soft but without colour. Add the rice and cook for a further minute, stirring so the grains are well coated in the butter. Add the wine and let it bubble and slightly reduce, then pour in all the stock. Add the sweetcorn, season with salt and pepper, cover with the lid and reduce the heat to very low.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Remove the roasting tin from the oven, stir the shallots so they brown evenly, and place the chicken breasts on top. Return to the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stir the risotto after 15 minutes, if itís getting to dry and the rice is not quite cooked add a little more stock.
- Serve the risotto on warmed plates with the chicken breast on top and three shallots per person. A simple rocket salad is all that is needed on the side.