Pork Loin Steaks with Paprika Potatoes
This pork loin dish with paprika potatoes, has all the flavours of a goulash but is much quicker to make
- 4 x 175g (6oz) pork loin steaks
- 550g (1lb 4oz) large new potatoes cut into thick slices
- 2 onions, halved and each half cut into four wedges
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and cut into thick strips
- 4 garlic cloves, skin on and lightly crushed
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150ml (1/4 pt) sour cream
Heat the oven to 190C, 170C fan, 375F, gas 5. Place the potatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, paprika, caraway seeds and oil in a large bowl. Season and stir well so that all the vegetables are thoroughly coated with the spices. Spread out onto a large baking tray and roast for 25-35 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the vegetables are slightly charred, turning them half way through cooking.
When the potatoes have been in the oven for 20 minutes begin to cook the pork steaks. Brush each one with a little oil and season. Grill on a pre heated char grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place the pork steaks on top of the potatoes in the oven for a further five minutes or until cooked through.
Divide the pork and potatoes between four warmed plates. Spoon a little sour cream on top of the potatoes and serve the rest separately.