Love Thai food? Then this Thai chicken salad with peanuts and ginger recipe is for you. Quick and easy!
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large cucumber
- Ĺ white cabbage, shredded
- 2 little gem lettuces, shredded
- Ĺ red onion, very finely sliced
- 3 cooked chicken breasts or equivalent weight of turkey, shredded
- 100g (4oz) peanuts, toasted
- large handful coriander leaves
- 2tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tsp grated ginger
- juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges, to serve
This salad will also work really well with some lightly toasted cashews - they're lower in fat than peanuts
To make the salad, peel the carrots and cucumber with a ribbon peeler, then drag it lengthways to make long ribbons of the flesh. Stop when you get to the lighter centre of the carrot, and the seeds of the cucumber. Toss the ribbons with the white cabbage, little gem, red onion and chicken.
To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together, then pour this over the salad. Toss through most of the peanuts and most of the coriander. To serve, place in bowls with the remaining peanuts and coriander scattered over, and lime wedges on the side.