We've updated a simple steak by adding zesty and punchy Middle Eastern flavours to this recipe
- 300g (10oz) giant couscous
- 4tbsp olive oil, plus extra to rub on the steaks
- 600ml (1pt) hot chicken stock
- juice 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 150g (5oz) pomegranate seeds
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 sirloin steaks
- 2tbsp rosemary leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp pomegranate molasses
To make the couscous, heat 1tbsp of the oil in a pan, add the couscous and stir well. Add the stock and cook for 10 minutes or until the couscous is soft. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Stir in 3tbsp of the oil, the lemon juice, onion, pomegranate seeds and coriander with plenty of seasoning.
To cook the steaks, pound the rosemary and garlic in a pestle and mortar with plenty of black pepper. Add a little oil and rub it into the steaks. Heat a griddle on the hob to a very high heat. Cook the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then leave to rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and serve with the couscous and lemon wedges.