We’ve lightened our korma up by using Greek yogurt instead of cream - just as delicious but much lower in saturated fat
- 2tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tbsp korma paste (we used Patak’s)
- 1tsp each, chopped garlic and ginger
- 300g (10oz) free-range chicken breasts, diced
- 100g (4oz) full-fat Greek yogurt (we used Total)
- 1/2tsp sugar
- toasted flaked almonds, dessicated coconut and coriander, to serve
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and cook on a low heat without colouring for around 5 minutes, until softened. Add the curry paste with 100ml (4fl oz) water, the garlic and ginger and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until reduced and thickened.
Season the chicken breasts, add them to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes, then add another 100ml (4fl oz) water, bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, before stirring through the yogurt and sugar and simmering uncovered for another five minutes. Stir through a couple of tbsp of dessicated coconut, check the seasoning and serve garnished with more coconut, toasted almonds and coriander. We served ours with flat breads and a spinach and chilli salad.