Everyone will come back for seconds of this decadent yet oh so easy banoffee pie
- 225g (8oz) digestive biscuits
- 150g (6oz) butter, melted
- 397g tin Nestlé Carnation Caramel or dulche du leche
- 3 bananas peeled and sliced
- 300ml (1/2pt) double cream
- 50g (2oz ) plain or milk chocolate, grated
- 23cm loose bottom flan tin
It’s a great way to use up bananas you’ve got lingering in the kitchen – and the fruit contains serotonin as well as potassium and vitamin B6 to keep you feeling happy and healthy.
This recipe serves eight people and is actually really easy and quick to make so it’s a great one to just throw together if you’re in a hurry. The creamy but crunchy textures of the banana, biscuits and cream make for a wonderful dessert that won’t fail to put a smile on your face.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz to make fine crumbs. Melt the butter in a small pan then add to the biscuits and blitz until mixed. Press the mixture into the flan tin, and up the sides. Press down well with the back of a wooden spoon. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 30 mins or until very firm
- Spread the caramel over the biscuit base. Arrange the banana slices over the toffee. Whip the cream and spread over the bananas. Top with the grated chocolate.