Beetroot, feta and chickpeas go into this healthy quinoa salad, along with a dash of sweet pomegranate molasses. Delicious!
- 4 raw beetroot, peeled and chopped into wedges
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 250g (9oz) ready-cooked quinoa (we used Merchant Gourmet Red & White Quinoa)
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- juice 1 lemon
- 4tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 250g (9oz) feta, broken into chunks
- 4tbsp pomegranate molasses (from Sainsbury’s or Middle Eastern food shops)
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Toss the beetroot wedges with half the olive oil, season and roast in the top of the oven for 40 minutes, until blackened, crispy and chewy.
Mix the quinoa with the chickpeas, lemon juice and remaining olive oil, and season well. Toss through the parsley. When the beetroot is cooked, toss it through the quinoa mix with the feta and drizzle with the pomegranate molasses.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up